To keep your BearVault in top condition:
- Keep DEET products away from the plastic; prevent chemical damage.
- Close the lid securely:
- Line threads up; the lid should swivel on smoothly.
- Two clicks of the lid snaps past the stopper = securely closed.
- Do not overtighten.
- Keep the threads clean
- Fully close the lid before using it as a chair
Tips and Tricks
Most hikers can open lids with pressure – but if your fingers are cold, or the air pressure has changed, it may be harder. Here’s a little trick:
- Place a plastic card between the stopper and the snaps, to help them glide past.